PER FILO E PER SEGNO
Open call for FiberArt at the Fabbrica della Ruota, Biella, IT
06.06. – 01.10.2021
This exhibition intends to focus on creativity applied to textiles, on the artisan expertise linked to it and on the search for excellence, through an art movement strongly characterized by experimentation.
Scene of this exhibition will be a place full of history of the Biella (Piedmont – Italy)) textile tradition: Fabbrica della Ruota (the Wheel Factory), a wool mill built in the mid-1800s, turned into a cultural space and museum by DocBi – Centro Studi Biellesi.
Works (preferably installations) will dialogue significantly with the space that will host them: large rooms, windows, machinery, tools and all the charm of industrial archeology of this ancient place.
Interested artists are invited to submit 2 pictures of their work to email@example.com until the end of March.
SELECTED ARTISTS WILL BE CONTACTED MAXIMUM ONE WEEK AFTER THEIR MAIL (note: only the selected artists will be contacted)
- Setup: June 3rd, 4th and 5th, from 10am to 5pm (under appointment)
- Opening: Sunday, June 6th at 5pm
- Exhibition openings: every Sunday from 2.30 to 6.30pm – Free entrance
- Artists will undertake the set up and take down at the exhibition site: Fabbrica della Ruota – Regione Vallefredda, 1 - 13867 Pray (BI), Italia
- Those who are unable to take care of it themself, will ship the works to the same address, subject to agreement with the curator. Shipping costs will be at artists charge.
- Artists will be allowed to display their promotional stuff such as catalogues or info pages, videos, musical contributions, business cards or any other item they like to offer to visitors.
- Artists will let the organization have a list of the titles and costs of their works to be provided to those who request it, in case of absence of the concerned artist.
- Sales won’t be charged by any percentage due.
- Artists will attend the exhibition at their own time and ways choice.
- Artists or contributors who wish to propose side events such as workshops, conferences, concerts or other, must send their projects together with the request mail.
- A 50 € participating fee will be asked to the selected artists as support for the organizing association.
- All opinions and advices will be accepted even though ultimate decision concerning distribution of the exhibition spaces will be up to the organization.
- It will be possible to recover the works during 15 days after the exhibition end (to be agreed)
The event promotion will be covered by local press and medias, and by textile art magazine ARTEMORBIDA.
For more information please contact: +39 340 888 3561, firstname.lastname@example.org