International Forum on Contemporary Textile Art
Centro Interpretativo do Tapete de Arraiolos, PT
26. – 28.03.2021
CITA, the Centro Interpretativo do Tapete de Arraiolos in Portugal is organizing an International Forum on Contemporary Textile Art, including lectures and exhibitions:
In the frame of the “forum” several lectures are offered, including the following themes:
- Contemporary textile arts: Its relevance in the visual field.
- Textile theory and society, yesterday and today.
- The next textile labs. The intersection of textile art and the digital.
- Preserving, defending and reconsidering the role of the traditional textile centers.
Keynote speaker is ETN member Jessica Hemmings. Her online lecture with the title “Textile-specific in a Post-disciplinary Era” reflects the increasing presence of textiles in more mainstream art events (more information: https://www.jessicahemmings.com/textile-theory-keynote/ )
Beside the forum two exhibitions are planned:
- CITA: Group exhibition curated by Benedita Pestana and Mercedes Vidal-Abarca
- Córtex Frontal: Exhibition by Izumi Ueda Yuu. Organised by Córtex Frontal
More information and contact:
CITA - Centro Interpretativo do Tapete de Arraiolos
Praça do Munícipio, nº19
7040-027 Arraiolos, Portugal