Fiberart International 2022
organized by the Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh, USA
Exhibition: 03.06. – 20.08.2022
Deadline for Applications: 31.08.2021
The Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh, Inc., a non-profit, member supported organization that promotes the appreciation of fiber art and fosters its creative development and continuance announces the Fiberart International 2022 exhibition. This event seeks to exhibit the best of contemporary art and invites submissions that reflect a wide range of works related to the fiber medium. The exhibition is recognized around the world as a benchmark that documents trends and innovations in the field. The goal of the exhibition is to include innovative work rooted in traditional fiber materials, structure, processes and history, as well as art that explores unexpected relationships between fiber and other creative disciplines.
Since 1967, the Fiberarts Guild has sponsored juried exhibitions that bring innovative contemporary works of art in fiber from around the world to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. FI2022 will feature works by established and emerging artists and will be open to the public from June 3 to August 20, 2022. The Fiberarts Guild is pleased to sponsor this twenty-fourth exhibition.
- Chiachio & Giannone: http://www.chiachiogiannone.com
- Jessica Hemmings: https://www.jessicahemmings.com
- Nnenna Okore: https://nnennaokore.com
The Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh, Inc. will present over $5,000 in cash awards.
A full color catalog of the exhibition will be published. It is essential that the image provided is of a quality that will reproduce accurately and meet the high standards of a professional art publication. Exhibiting artists will receive a complimentary copy. Catalogs will also be available for purchase. All applicants will have the opportunity to preorder the exhibition catalogs.
- Submission deadline: August 31, 2021
- Notification of jurors’ decision: October 30, 2021
- Accepted work due (both shipping and hand delivered): April 1, 2022
- Opening Reception: June 3, 2022
- Exhibition closes: August 20, 2022
- Return of artwork: artwork will be shipped within two weeks of the closing of the exhibition.
- Traveling Exhibition: At this time we are exploring the possibility of traveling the exhibition.
Accepted artists will be asked to give permission for their work to travel. All work selected for touring should be available for up to two (2) years beginning August 31, 2022. Work on tour will be insured. Work will be returned upon tour completion.
Artists are responsible for all return shipping costs of their work from the Touring Exhibition.
FI2022 Tour expenses for insurance, storage and shipping to the tour destination are paid by Fiberart International.
- Up to three artworks per application are allowed.
- Entries must be original work completed after December 31, 2019
- All work must be either fiber in content or executed in a fiber technique.
- Artists must be 18 years of age or older.
- Work must be original in concept and design and not be the result of a class or workshop or in a degree granting institution.
- Collaborative works will be considered as a single entry.
- Artists submitting both collaborative and individual works must apply separately. The collaborative team will be considered as a single applicant.
- Work must not exceed 12 feet in height or width.
- Artists whose installation artwork is selected must either be available to install their work or provide explicit instructions for our experienced installation staff.
$45 non-refundable for up to three (3) entries must be paid at the time of application.
Work will be judged from digital images. Selection will be based on the overall quality of the work and its compliance with the standards stated in “Entry Requirements.” Work, which differs significantly from the image representing it, will be disqualified and returned to the artist. FI2022 Director makes the final call.
Application will be done online via CaFÉ - https://www.callforentry.org/
Prospectus and Press Release: